|Net Auctions and Auction Information|
EBay: No Way?Yes Way (Ten Seller Themes)
Hearing that there are more than 1.2 million registered eBay users, that more than 25,000 members make five figure income as full time eBay entrepreneurs, and that more than 250,000 part timers make several thousand dollars a year of supplementary income from eBay enterprises would make anyone comment in disbelief with, "No Way". But the correct response to this is, "Yes, way." In fact, it has also been reported that the number one eBay entrepreneur makes over a million dollars a year. As Austin Powers would say, "Yeah, Baby." Or should we say, "E-Baby."
So what's the deal with eBay, anyway? There is a lot more to it than one would think. It can be simple for an occasional buyer, but it gets increasing complex as users/sellers become more entrenched at deeper levels of use. Here are 10 key ideas or themes for sellers to consider about this phenomenon called "eBay".
1. What 's for sale? While some sellers are out scavengering the garage sales and their own garages, others are purchasing quantities of items wholesale to put up for auction. One would think that the right product is of paramount consideration, and most sellers agree that the unusual or the hard to find is the best bet. However, this is not always true either. Timing, meaning the right person at the right time seeing your item, is where it is at. You have to be visible and be out there with a clear message or product that seems like a steal, or at least reasonably priced. With the thousands and thousands of items for sale, there is no shortage of competition. However, the good thing is that there are a lot of buyers out there that should enable the sale of just about anything.
2. Communication and descriptive details about your product is a key in getting noticed. The description of your item and the pictures to display it will get the buyer's attention. If a person is a serious seller, having an adequate digital camera is a must. Again, photos are extremely important.
3. The well written detailed description to accompany the item is of great benefit. Being open and honest about the item will demonstrate integrity as a seller and will keep people coming back. Being available to answer questions for prospective buyers and remembering to be courteous and helpful follows along with the never-to-be forgotten premise of "the customer is always right."
4. With customer feedback being a key element in the ratings statistics that will promote you or haunt you during your eBay career, it is important for a seller to be professional and kindly in all business dealings. People like and appreciate personal attention. Take the time to give it. Being positive, accommodating and helpful is a winning combination for good customer relations.
5. Shipping information and how you present it can win over a customer because they notice when a buyer is tying to take advantage and ask an unreasonable amount for shipping. Of course, a seller must take into account time spent, the handling charge, when pricing the shipping. Time is money, and a seller should be compensated for all aspects of the service that is provided.
6. Some advice about setting up your auction items would be to consider having your item run seven days with an end of bidding time somewhere between 7 PM and 9 PM on a Sunday night. That seems to be the consensus amongst the top sellers. There has been much dialog on just how to increase the amount and number of bids, but there are too many variables to consider. Suffice to say, it really does depend on the product itself (and what the condition and competition is our there).
7. Some of the most unique aspects of selling have to do with the seasonal items that permeate the auction block at certain times of the year. If a seller wants to work year-round, he or she will have to broaden the horizon by finding seasonal items for all seasons. Yes, you can sell Christmas items and move right into Valentines Day and Easter and so on. Why not? These are what people are looking for.
8. One controversial topic is drop shipping. If a seller is getting a product from a third party, drop shipping is a convenient way for the seller to deliver the product. It keeps them out of it. However, that means that a back ordered item could result in a poor rating for the seller because the item was delayed. Most buyers picture the item in the hands of the seller and expect to receive it within a few days. The pros and cons of this arrangement need to be carefully considered.
9. Now to the fun part. How do you get the money? More and more people are using PayPal. It is quick, efficient and simple. A seller can make other arrangements and accept a check or money order, but the wave of the future is setting up an account with PayPal. In addition, setting up an online account with the United States Postal Service will also save countless hours in the lines at the post office. Work smarter, not harder, etc., etc.
10. A seller can look at other things to sell besides a physical product or item. Many are getting into self publishing or offering a service. Some expanding entrepreneurs are opening up a consignment shop situation, which helps those who want to sell but "don't do computers." The possibilities are unlimited.
Selling products and services from a home-based business can be an exciting, and hopefully profitable, situation. Go into it with a solid plan based on accurate information and with the knowledge that it is going to be hard work, just like any other job.
For more on eBay selling and using online auctions visit the How To Sell On eBay Resource Page located at http://www.sbmag.org.
Copyright usage: No permission is needed to reproduce this story. The About the Author statement with hot links must remain in tact. Request for reciprocal links will be considered. mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org.
About the Author
Closed due to coronavirus pandemic, 'Lollipop Park' auctions off all rides The Denver Channel
Julien's Auctions Announces Online Charity Auction, “Handwritten Song Lyrics Benefitting Music Health Alliance” - Look to the Stars
Julien's Auctions Announces Online Charity Auction, “Handwritten Song Lyrics Benefitting Music Health Alliance” Look to the Stars
Rice Area Auction • Friday, October 23rd | Auctions ECM Publishers
Pierz Area Auction • Friday, October 30th | Auctions ECM Publishers
Mora Area Auction • Saturday, October 31st | Auctions ECM Publishers
State's auction of used equipment goes online | Local News | sentinelsource.com - The Keene Sentinel
Wednesday: Silent Auctions Garner $44K For Artists And Industry Workers St. Louis Public Radio
Live Online Auction • Saturday, October 31st | Auctions ECM Publishers
Sauk Rapids Area Auction • Sunday, October 25th | Auctions ECM Publishers
Another DNR (online) auction of confiscated guns, bows Duluth News Tribune
Heritage Auctions Presents a 1943 Bronze Penny Bonanza Coin Dealer Newsletter
Banksy painting expected to fetch more than $6m at UK auction Al Jazeera English
Bidding begins on firearms, bows and more confiscated by DNR officers Minneapolis Star Tribune
DNR confiscated equipment auction planned - Albert Lea Tribune Albert Lea Tribune
NameJet makes it easier to start private party domain auctions Domain Name Wire
Auction Report: Three Interesting Lots From The Upcoming Monaco Legend 'Exclusive Timepieces' Auction - HODINKEE
Auction Report: Three Interesting Lots From The Upcoming Monaco Legend 'Exclusive Timepieces' Auction HODINKEE
180-Acre Estate in Oregon's Willamette Valley Wine Region Heads to Luxury Auction® Oct 24 - PRNewswire
180-Acre Estate in Oregon's Willamette Valley Wine Region Heads to Luxury Auction® Oct 24 PRNewswire
Economics Nobel honors pioneers of auction theory Science Magazine
ACV Auctions raises $55 million in venture funding Buffalo News
Rouble firms on US stimulus hopes, three OFZ bond auctions in focus Marketscreener.com
4 bid in controversial auction of state land in southeast Valley hot spot The Arizona Republic
Munich auction house under fire for offering Nazi memorabilia again The Jerusalem Post
UWS Multifamily Property Heads for Bankruptcy Auction Commercial Observer
One of the final units in The George at 42 set for auction - Louisville Business First - Louisville Business First
One of the final units in The George at 42 set for auction - Louisville Business First Louisville Business First
Prime Time Auctions sells land to Maverik, new gas station in store for South Pocatello - Idaho State Journal
Prime Time Auctions sells land to Maverik, new gas station in store for South Pocatello Idaho State Journal
Sleeper Lots from the Phillips Geneva Watch Auction: XII gearpatrol.com
Ex-Advanta CEO offers Philly-area estate for auction The Philadelphia Inquirer
Poster Auctions International's Rare Posters Auction #82 on Sunday, November 15th, features masterpieces and - EIN News
Poster Auctions International's Rare Posters Auction #82 on Sunday, November 15th, features masterpieces and EIN News
Former MLB umpire auctions memorabilia for worthy cause Warren Tribune Chronicle
Beatles Letter About Firing Pete Best Goes to Auction Ultimate Classic Rock
Custom trucks, SUVs will roar into Barrett-Jackson Fall Auction The ClassicCars.com Journal
Annual Kitty Connection Silent Auction Goes Online East Boston Times-Free Press
Lifetime antique auto collection on auction block this weekend The Hutchinson News
German auction house under fire again for selling Hitler papers Cleveland Jewish News
A Mysterious Autograph Hound’s Book Is Up for Auction The New York Times
Auction Outreach Beyond the Block Agweb Powered by Farm Journal
36th Annual Roncalli Pierside Auction a Record Success seehafernews.com
Children's Auction will come to you live from Bank NH Pavilion The Laconia Daily Sun
WNY man putting his sports memorabilia collection up for auction to help 2 local organizations - WGRZ.com
WNY man putting his sports memorabilia collection up for auction to help 2 local organizations WGRZ.com
What to Bid on at the Waldorf Astoria Auction TownandCountrymag.com
MSU's PGA Golf Management Club hosting online auction through Nov. 1 Mississippi State Newsroom
More than $200,000 raised from farm equipment sold at auction Zanesville Times Recorder
Rare Book Auction in Agoura Hills San Fernando Valley Business Journal
Eddie Van Halen’s Signed Electric Guitars Are Heading to Auction, So You Might as Well Jump - Robb Report
Eddie Van Halen’s Signed Electric Guitars Are Heading to Auction, So You Might as Well Jump Robb Report
Half of Burnsville Center to go on the auction block ECM Publishers
Current HiBid Auctions Include Cars, Trucks, Farm Equipment, Dune Buggies, Arcade Games, and More; Last Week's Auctions Brought in Nearly $40.5 Million - PRNewswire
Current HiBid Auctions Include Cars, Trucks, Farm Equipment, Dune Buggies, Arcade Games, and More; Last Week's Auctions Brought in Nearly $40.5 Million PRNewswire
Resort furniture, décor up for auction Pacific Business News (Honolulu)
Treasury Bond Auction Announcement - Exchange Auction - RIKB 22 1026 - RIKS 26 0216 Iceland Stock Exchange:RIK - GlobeNewswire
Treasury Bond Auction Announcement - Exchange Auction - RIKB 22 1026 - RIKS 26 0216 Iceland Stock Exchange:RIK GlobeNewswire
New York's historic Waldorf Astoria hotel auctions off 80,000 items ahead of complete renovation - CNN
New York's historic Waldorf Astoria hotel auctions off 80,000 items ahead of complete renovation CNN
KAR Auction Services, Inc. to Announce Third Quarter 2020 Earnings The Elkhart Truth
Items from Turtle Bay Resort going up for auction Hawaii News Now
Verizon, AT&T, T-Mobile, Dish submit C-band applications FierceWireless
State to auction vast parcel of land in real estate hot spot as questions swirl about its value and the bid process - AZCentral.com
State to auction vast parcel of land in real estate hot spot as questions swirl about its value and the bid process AZCentral.com
Virus exposure possible at Brown auction Jacksonville Journal-Courier
Washington County won't hold tax foreclosure auction Glens Falls Post-Star
United Way's 'Power of the Purse' auction is underway Terre Haute Tribune Star
Germany: Painting of Muslim mystic sold at auction Anadolu Agency
HiBid.com Auctions Brought in Nearly $32 Million Last Week; Boats, Classic and Modern Cars, Construction and Farm Equipment, Furniture, and More for Sale Now - PRNewswire
HiBid.com Auctions Brought in Nearly $32 Million Last Week; Boats, Classic and Modern Cars, Construction and Farm Equipment, Furniture, and More for Sale Now PRNewswire
Chamber's online auction includes plethora of items | Free Buffalo Reflex
Legend Rare Coin Auctions to Host Sale of Hundreds of Rare Coins Through HiBid.com, Including 1794 Silver Dollar Valued at Over $10 Million - PRNewswire
Legend Rare Coin Auctions to Host Sale of Hundreds of Rare Coins Through HiBid.com, Including 1794 Silver Dollar Valued at Over $10 Million PRNewswire
Classic cars removed from storage in St. John Pratt Tribune
Gary Trepanier real estate assets in Tieton, Cowiche go to auction Yakima Herald-Republic
Internal Revenue Service to Auction Home in Porter on 226 Acres pressherald.com
Maine Music Society announces online auction Nov. 7-18 Kennebec Journal & Morning Sentinel
From Ebay Zero to Power-Selling Hero: The Devil Is In The Details
If you've ever heard the expression "the devil is inthe details," you can probably already guess how itrelates to today's lesson. The bulk of the work youdo as an Ebay seller will be easy and repetitive, but it is the minor details that will make or breakyour business.
eBay Bargain Hunting - Spell Your Way To Success!
Have you ever wondered how identical items can fetch such widely differing prices on eBay? Or why some items fail to receive any bids at all?Sometimes it is a matter of luck, or just timing - especially for things which are pretty unique or where there are not manybuyers.Many commentators however suggest that it has much more to dowith the quality of the item title.
Dropshipping on eBay, Does It Work?
eBay offers any business owner a new global market to sell his products or services on. You are no longer constrained by geographical positioning.
Garage Sales, Flea Markets, and Special Events... Oh My!
The activity chart is an ingenious way to find, in order, events happening in your community throughout the day. Plug in 'www.
Louis Vuitton -- Avoiding the Ebay Nightmare Fakes
Without a doubt, eBay was one of the cleverest on-line ideas that anyone has had so far. The idea of creating a site where you can bid on and buy items ranging from an eggcup through to a disused Boeing 747 or a Nuclear Missile Silo was pure genius.
How to Double or Even Triple Your Net Profit Selling on eBay
eBay Search tips and secretsThis is an example of how I used the Ebay search tab to triple my sales and profit in 1 month!I had found a great supplier of computer liquidation products using my Ebay Power seller Cloning techniques. I was excited to be selling over $1000 a day in these products (laptop parts and accessories).
EBay: No Way?Yes Way (Ten Seller Themes)
Hearing that there are more than 1.2 million registered eBay users, that more than 25,000 members make five figure income as full time eBay entrepreneurs, and that more than 250,000 part timers make several thousand dollars a year of supplementary income from eBay enterprises would make anyone comment in disbelief with, "No Way".
How Pop-Culture Collectibles Can Increase Your Online Auction Profits
How Pop Culture collectibles can increase your Online Auction profitsWith the increasingly competitive environment for products to sell in the online auction arena, sellers are getting more creative as to the items they purchase for re-sale.While some of the Dutch Auction items that are frequently sold on eBay will always maintain their commodity status and always sell well, Pop Culture collectibles will usually generate a higher profit-per-item simply because of a combination of two forces.
Attract eBay Buyers Like Crazy!
As an ebay(TM) seller it happens very often (too often) that listings close without any bids. Did this happen to you? Many sellers are frustrated and quit their eBay(TM) business.
Killer Tips To Succeed With eBay Auction
For just a moment, try to comprehend the power of the Internet. Every day, there are millions of people from around the globe "surfing the web.
Why 95% of All eBay Sellers Fail
eBay is now the 8th most visited site on the internet and it has just one purpose - sales. With 40 million visitors per month most eBay sellers are missing a golden opportunity.
How Professional Ebay Auction Templates Can Boost Your Ebay Sales
Do you like to sell on eBay ? It's easy and fun, isn't it ? In fact, it's one of the easiest online business you can start almost overnight, without any major investments. That's the best thing about it.
How To Profit Using eBays Saved Search Feature
Did you know that eBay will help you locate products you can buy cheap, then flip for a quick profit? No? Then listen up, because I am about to let you in on a little known feature of eBay that can literally stuff wads of cash in your wallet in less than 24 hours.This is an eBay tool that I use every day to locate products that I can buy and resell or buy cheap and keep for myself and my family.
How To Sell Internationally On eBay Without Risk
Many people just getting started on eBay have reservations when it comes to selling to International buyers. Possibly they've heard a few second-hand horror stories, or they feel it's simply not worth the extra hassle.
How To Find Tons of Hot Items Selling On EBay ...In Less Than 10 Minutes
There are many ways to start a home business online, and few are easier than eBay - the world's largest online auction site. However, there is one critical condition - you have to know what to sell and how to sell it.
How To Sell Santa's Slip-Ups
Shoppers spent more than $15.5 billion this Christmas on gifts on the Internet alone.
Making Money On EBay Can Be So Simple, Just Let Somebody Else Do All The Hard Work For You
OK, so you've been bitten by the eBay bug!You've ransacked the attic, the basement and every other room in your home to find things to sell on eBay.When friends and neighbors ask you where everything has gone, you tell them that you're going for the "Minimalist Look".
How to Sell Your Crafts on eBay
Artists, craftspeople and photographers are successfully selling their wares everyday on the online auction site, eBay. According to a recent analysis of eBay sales, a crafts-related item is sold every nine seconds, a scrapbook item is sold every minute, and 40 cross-stitch items sell in an hour on eBay.
Importing Products to Sell on eBay
The interesting thing about online buyers is they are extremely price sensitive. A survey done by Forrester Research shows that 73 percent of surveyed online buyers expect prices on the Internet to be cheaper than in stores.
How To Sell On Ebay: Using Store Policies To Cement Your Credibility
In your quest to build credibility as an Ebay seller, few things are more important than creating and following consistent store policies. Doing so will provide your customers with an attractive buyingatmosphere, where they will feel safe making any transaction.
|home | site map|