|Net Auctions and Auction Information|
EBay: No Way?Yes Way (Ten Seller Themes)
Hearing that there are more than 1.2 million registered eBay users, that more than 25,000 members make five figure income as full time eBay entrepreneurs, and that more than 250,000 part timers make several thousand dollars a year of supplementary income from eBay enterprises would make anyone comment in disbelief with, "No Way". But the correct response to this is, "Yes, way." In fact, it has also been reported that the number one eBay entrepreneur makes over a million dollars a year. As Austin Powers would say, "Yeah, Baby." Or should we say, "E-Baby."
So what's the deal with eBay, anyway? There is a lot more to it than one would think. It can be simple for an occasional buyer, but it gets increasing complex as users/sellers become more entrenched at deeper levels of use. Here are 10 key ideas or themes for sellers to consider about this phenomenon called "eBay".
1. What 's for sale? While some sellers are out scavengering the garage sales and their own garages, others are purchasing quantities of items wholesale to put up for auction. One would think that the right product is of paramount consideration, and most sellers agree that the unusual or the hard to find is the best bet. However, this is not always true either. Timing, meaning the right person at the right time seeing your item, is where it is at. You have to be visible and be out there with a clear message or product that seems like a steal, or at least reasonably priced. With the thousands and thousands of items for sale, there is no shortage of competition. However, the good thing is that there are a lot of buyers out there that should enable the sale of just about anything.
2. Communication and descriptive details about your product is a key in getting noticed. The description of your item and the pictures to display it will get the buyer's attention. If a person is a serious seller, having an adequate digital camera is a must. Again, photos are extremely important.
3. The well written detailed description to accompany the item is of great benefit. Being open and honest about the item will demonstrate integrity as a seller and will keep people coming back. Being available to answer questions for prospective buyers and remembering to be courteous and helpful follows along with the never-to-be forgotten premise of "the customer is always right."
4. With customer feedback being a key element in the ratings statistics that will promote you or haunt you during your eBay career, it is important for a seller to be professional and kindly in all business dealings. People like and appreciate personal attention. Take the time to give it. Being positive, accommodating and helpful is a winning combination for good customer relations.
5. Shipping information and how you present it can win over a customer because they notice when a buyer is tying to take advantage and ask an unreasonable amount for shipping. Of course, a seller must take into account time spent, the handling charge, when pricing the shipping. Time is money, and a seller should be compensated for all aspects of the service that is provided.
6. Some advice about setting up your auction items would be to consider having your item run seven days with an end of bidding time somewhere between 7 PM and 9 PM on a Sunday night. That seems to be the consensus amongst the top sellers. There has been much dialog on just how to increase the amount and number of bids, but there are too many variables to consider. Suffice to say, it really does depend on the product itself (and what the condition and competition is our there).
7. Some of the most unique aspects of selling have to do with the seasonal items that permeate the auction block at certain times of the year. If a seller wants to work year-round, he or she will have to broaden the horizon by finding seasonal items for all seasons. Yes, you can sell Christmas items and move right into Valentines Day and Easter and so on. Why not? These are what people are looking for.
8. One controversial topic is drop shipping. If a seller is getting a product from a third party, drop shipping is a convenient way for the seller to deliver the product. It keeps them out of it. However, that means that a back ordered item could result in a poor rating for the seller because the item was delayed. Most buyers picture the item in the hands of the seller and expect to receive it within a few days. The pros and cons of this arrangement need to be carefully considered.
9. Now to the fun part. How do you get the money? More and more people are using PayPal. It is quick, efficient and simple. A seller can make other arrangements and accept a check or money order, but the wave of the future is setting up an account with PayPal. In addition, setting up an online account with the United States Postal Service will also save countless hours in the lines at the post office. Work smarter, not harder, etc., etc.
10. A seller can look at other things to sell besides a physical product or item. Many are getting into self publishing or offering a service. Some expanding entrepreneurs are opening up a consignment shop situation, which helps those who want to sell but "don't do computers." The possibilities are unlimited.
Selling products and services from a home-based business can be an exciting, and hopefully profitable, situation. Go into it with a solid plan based on accurate information and with the knowledge that it is going to be hard work, just like any other job.
For more on eBay selling and using online auctions visit the How To Sell On eBay Resource Page located at http://www.sbmag.org.
Copyright usage: No permission is needed to reproduce this story. The About the Author statement with hot links must remain in tact. Request for reciprocal links will be considered. mailto:email@example.com.
About the Author
STORAGE AUCTIONS Columbia Star
'Exceedingly rare' cognac from 1762 fetches $146,000 at auction CNN International
Earlywine Auctions offers first virtual estate auction for family Kokomo Perspective
Sotheby’s to Bring $22 M. in Latin American Art to Marquee Auctions, With Work by Kahlo, Botero - ARTnews
Sotheby’s to Bring $22 M. in Latin American Art to Marquee Auctions, With Work by Kahlo, Botero ARTnews
WB Liquors Auctions Rare Pappy Van Winkle Bourbon to Benefit San Antonio and Bryan Food Banks - San Antonio Current
WB Liquors Auctions Rare Pappy Van Winkle Bourbon to Benefit San Antonio and Bryan Food Banks San Antonio Current
Online Auctions, Sidewalk Concerts and Virtual Tours The Wall Street Journal
Classic Car Auctions Upended by Coronavirus The New York Times
Potter & Potter Auctions to Host Eclectible Collectible Auction in June - Fine Books & Collections Magazine
Potter & Potter Auctions to Host Eclectible Collectible Auction in June Fine Books & Collections Magazine
Worldwide Auctions to Offer Trifecta of Stainless Steel Fords in Auburn duPont REGISTRY DAILY
Bluebill Auction Defies Market, Nabs Over $2 Million For Massive Oilfield Equipment Package Using AuctionTime & Pre-AuctionTime - Norfolk Daily News
Bluebill Auction Defies Market, Nabs Over $2 Million For Massive Oilfield Equipment Package Using AuctionTime & Pre-AuctionTime Norfolk Daily News
Dalmac Energy hits the auction block Modern Bulk Transporter
Carefully Curated Long-Time Collection Coming to Hunt... Sports Collectors Daily
Western Climate Initiative auction results show resilience of cap and trade and benefit of long-term climate investment strategy - Environmental Defense Fund
Western Climate Initiative auction results show resilience of cap and trade and benefit of long-term climate investment strategy Environmental Defense Fund
Manheim's Physical Auto Auctions Could Go Away Ward's Auto
Let the bidding begin! Check out this virtual auction FOX21News.com
Online auctions are up, up, UP Desert Sun
BelOrta auctions first gooseberries Fruitnet
St. Lawrence Valley Produce Auction online data gives tips for wholesale selling for North Country farmers - North Country Now
St. Lawrence Valley Produce Auction online data gives tips for wholesale selling for North Country farmers North Country Now
US Medal of Honor sells for more than $15000 at German auction house Stars and Stripes
The most expensive sneakers ever sold at auction - Business Insider Business Insider
Just Sold: Copart pays $3.3 million for 45-acre auction site in Elk River Finance and Commerce
Leake Auctions Cancels June Tulsa Auction duPont REGISTRY DAILY
Phil Lesh's Stage-Played Modulus Bass Up For Auction jambands.com
Want to know the secrets of Miami chefs? Bid at this auction for a personal Zoom session - Miami Herald
Want to know the secrets of Miami chefs? Bid at this auction for a personal Zoom session Miami Herald
Kobe Bryant memorabilia auctions higher than expected, but it's a Mike Trout card that ties record - Yahoo Sports
Kobe Bryant memorabilia auctions higher than expected, but it's a Mike Trout card that ties record Yahoo Sports
Heritage Animation Art Auction Opens Bids for Toon Treasure Trove Animation Magazine
Facebook fundraiser auctions for HALO explode with support Medicine Hat News
By & For Auction Provide COVID-19 Relief to Miami Artist Miami New Times
Fair's Livestock Auction Tradition Going Virtual Oakdale Leader
Donald Bridell, a collector who loved auctions and garage sales, dies of COVID-19 at 89 - Minneapolis Star Tribune
Donald Bridell, a collector who loved auctions and garage sales, dies of COVID-19 at 89 Minneapolis Star Tribune
Forget the Auction? Rural Broadband Acceleration Act Calls for Early Release of RDOF Funds for Gigabit - Telecompetitor
Forget the Auction? Rural Broadband Acceleration Act Calls for Early Release of RDOF Funds for Gigabit Telecompetitor
Leake Auctions cancels its Tulsa collector car sale The ClassicCars.com Journal
Online Auction to Aid Comic-Book Shops Raises Over $430,000 The New York Times
Insiders Share Some Watch Auction Secrets The New York Times
Auction sales volume continues to climb Auto Remarketing
62-acre former Citibank complex heads to auction - Baltimore Business Journal - Baltimore Business Journal
62-acre former Citibank complex heads to auction - Baltimore Business Journal Baltimore Business Journal
Shilo Inn headed to public foreclosure auction Post Register
Mantle Contract, Gehrig Check, 2nd Ranked 1956 Topps Set Headline RR Auction... - Sports Collectors Daily
Mantle Contract, Gehrig Check, 2nd Ranked 1956 Topps Set Headline RR Auction... Sports Collectors Daily
4-H meat auction going online | News, Sports, Jobs Evening Observer
Online collector car auction sets records, aids COVID-19 relief Auto Remarketing
Vineland Produce Auction serving the industry since 1931 TheProduceNews.com
Christie’s Gets Creative for 20th-Century Art Auction in July The New York Times
FCC Plans to Finalize Phase I RDOF Auction Procedures and Explore 5G Use of High-Band Frequencies at June Meeting - JD Supra
FCC Plans to Finalize Phase I RDOF Auction Procedures and Explore 5G Use of High-Band Frequencies at June Meeting JD Supra
BizBeat: J Street Vintage thrives through online auctions Jefferson City News Tribune
Despite coronavirus, Manhattan Beach Education Foundation's virtual Wine Auction on track for record fund-raising - The Beach Reporter
Despite coronavirus, Manhattan Beach Education Foundation's virtual Wine Auction on track for record fund-raising The Beach Reporter
Eriksen auctions off football lesson Football Italia
One Thousand Museum unit heads to the auction block The Real Deal
Long-Lost John Deere Found on Auction WHO TV Des Moines
Chico State University centennial organ up for auction Action News Now
Sotheby’s to Auction Storied Ginny Williams Collection in June, Featuring Leading Women Artists Mitchell, Krasner - ARTnews
Sotheby’s to Auction Storied Ginny Williams Collection in June, Featuring Leading Women Artists Mitchell, Krasner ARTnews
Essex Fells Borough BOROUGH OF ESSEX FELLS, NJ PUBLIC AUCTION New Jersey Hills
ThoroughbredAuctions.com Mixed Sale a Test for Online Auctions Thoroughbred Daily News
Steel Partners' Assets Go to Virtual Public Auction Monitor Daily
Art&Co. Announces the Launch of the World's Largest Online Art Auction for COVID-19 - WFMZ Allentown
A New Era for Auctions? MutualArt.com
Tulia cattle auction results | Livestock Markets High Plains Journal
16 Cleveland Indians items up for auction (photos) cleveland.com
From Ebay Zero to Power-Selling Hero: The Devil Is In The Details
If you've ever heard the expression "the devil is inthe details," you can probably already guess how itrelates to today's lesson. The bulk of the work youdo as an Ebay seller will be easy and repetitive, but it is the minor details that will make or breakyour business.
eBay Bargain Hunting - Spell Your Way To Success!
Have you ever wondered how identical items can fetch such widely differing prices on eBay? Or why some items fail to receive any bids at all?Sometimes it is a matter of luck, or just timing - especially for things which are pretty unique or where there are not manybuyers.Many commentators however suggest that it has much more to dowith the quality of the item title.
Dropshipping on eBay, Does It Work?
eBay offers any business owner a new global market to sell his products or services on. You are no longer constrained by geographical positioning.
Garage Sales, Flea Markets, and Special Events... Oh My!
The activity chart is an ingenious way to find, in order, events happening in your community throughout the day. Plug in 'www.
Louis Vuitton -- Avoiding the Ebay Nightmare Fakes
Without a doubt, eBay was one of the cleverest on-line ideas that anyone has had so far. The idea of creating a site where you can bid on and buy items ranging from an eggcup through to a disused Boeing 747 or a Nuclear Missile Silo was pure genius.
How to Double or Even Triple Your Net Profit Selling on eBay
eBay Search tips and secretsThis is an example of how I used the Ebay search tab to triple my sales and profit in 1 month!I had found a great supplier of computer liquidation products using my Ebay Power seller Cloning techniques. I was excited to be selling over $1000 a day in these products (laptop parts and accessories).
EBay: No Way?Yes Way (Ten Seller Themes)
Hearing that there are more than 1.2 million registered eBay users, that more than 25,000 members make five figure income as full time eBay entrepreneurs, and that more than 250,000 part timers make several thousand dollars a year of supplementary income from eBay enterprises would make anyone comment in disbelief with, "No Way".
How Pop-Culture Collectibles Can Increase Your Online Auction Profits
How Pop Culture collectibles can increase your Online Auction profitsWith the increasingly competitive environment for products to sell in the online auction arena, sellers are getting more creative as to the items they purchase for re-sale.While some of the Dutch Auction items that are frequently sold on eBay will always maintain their commodity status and always sell well, Pop Culture collectibles will usually generate a higher profit-per-item simply because of a combination of two forces.
Attract eBay Buyers Like Crazy!
As an ebay(TM) seller it happens very often (too often) that listings close without any bids. Did this happen to you? Many sellers are frustrated and quit their eBay(TM) business.
Killer Tips To Succeed With eBay Auction
For just a moment, try to comprehend the power of the Internet. Every day, there are millions of people from around the globe "surfing the web.
Why 95% of All eBay Sellers Fail
eBay is now the 8th most visited site on the internet and it has just one purpose - sales. With 40 million visitors per month most eBay sellers are missing a golden opportunity.
How Professional Ebay Auction Templates Can Boost Your Ebay Sales
Do you like to sell on eBay ? It's easy and fun, isn't it ? In fact, it's one of the easiest online business you can start almost overnight, without any major investments. That's the best thing about it.
How To Profit Using eBays Saved Search Feature
Did you know that eBay will help you locate products you can buy cheap, then flip for a quick profit? No? Then listen up, because I am about to let you in on a little known feature of eBay that can literally stuff wads of cash in your wallet in less than 24 hours.This is an eBay tool that I use every day to locate products that I can buy and resell or buy cheap and keep for myself and my family.
How To Sell Internationally On eBay Without Risk
Many people just getting started on eBay have reservations when it comes to selling to International buyers. Possibly they've heard a few second-hand horror stories, or they feel it's simply not worth the extra hassle.
How To Find Tons of Hot Items Selling On EBay ...In Less Than 10 Minutes
There are many ways to start a home business online, and few are easier than eBay - the world's largest online auction site. However, there is one critical condition - you have to know what to sell and how to sell it.
How To Sell Santa's Slip-Ups
Shoppers spent more than $15.5 billion this Christmas on gifts on the Internet alone.
Making Money On EBay Can Be So Simple, Just Let Somebody Else Do All The Hard Work For You
OK, so you've been bitten by the eBay bug!You've ransacked the attic, the basement and every other room in your home to find things to sell on eBay.When friends and neighbors ask you where everything has gone, you tell them that you're going for the "Minimalist Look".
How to Sell Your Crafts on eBay
Artists, craftspeople and photographers are successfully selling their wares everyday on the online auction site, eBay. According to a recent analysis of eBay sales, a crafts-related item is sold every nine seconds, a scrapbook item is sold every minute, and 40 cross-stitch items sell in an hour on eBay.
Importing Products to Sell on eBay
The interesting thing about online buyers is they are extremely price sensitive. A survey done by Forrester Research shows that 73 percent of surveyed online buyers expect prices on the Internet to be cheaper than in stores.
How To Sell On Ebay: Using Store Policies To Cement Your Credibility
In your quest to build credibility as an Ebay seller, few things are more important than creating and following consistent store policies. Doing so will provide your customers with an attractive buyingatmosphere, where they will feel safe making any transaction.
|home | site map|