|Net Auctions and Auction Information|
So, Can You Really Sell EBooks On EBay And Make Cold Hard Cash?
Selling eBooks on eBay, and making any worthwhile profit from doing so, is becoming more and more difficult.
Gone are the days when you could sell someone else's books on eBay, and it's becoming considerably more difficult to sell ebooks that you might have written yourself or via Public Domain Publications.
Many people seem to think that ebooks should be freely available (because so many good ones are)and there are some excellent ebooks for sale on ebay but rarely do they sell for more than a few pennies.
So purchase ebooks from eBay by all means, there's just no money in trying to sell ebooks on eBay.
There's also the problem of who owns the copyright to the ebook you are trying to sell.This has become so much of a headache that eBay has come up with it's own policy to try and deal with this situation.
HERE'S AN EXCEPT FROM EBAY'S VERO POLICY.
* eBay's Verified Rights Owner (VeRO) Program
* eBay's VeRO Program was developed to facilitate cooperation between eBay and rights owners protecting their intellectual property rights.
* Highlights of the program include:
* Expeditious removal of listings reported to eBay by over 5,000 intellectual property rights owners
* Specific, detailed warnings designed to deter the listing of potentially infringing items before a listing is posted on eBay
* Voluntary daily monitoring and removal by eBay of listings offering potentially counterfeit or otherwise infringing items
* Voluntary daily monitoring and removal by eBay of listings that violate eBay policies designed to prevent the listing of infringing items on eBay
* Ability to save searches and have the results emailed to you through Favorite Searches
* Suspension of repeat offenders
* Continuing efforts to identify and prevent previously suspended users from reregistering for eBay
* Cooperation with rights owners seeking personal information on alleged infringers.
* However, because eBay is not an expert in your intellectual property rights, and cannot verify that sellers have the right to sell the millions of items they post on eBay each day, we need your help in identifying listings which do not appear on their face to infringe your rights.
To read the policy in it's entirety go to:-
KEEP IT SIMPLE AND STRAIGHTFORWARD
Now there is a way around this that is easier to achieve than most people believe.
The easiest way of making sure that you don't fall foul of eBay's VeRo Policy is:
* Create The Products Yourself
The easiest way of overcoming peoples beliefs that your ebook should be freely availablen is.
* Don't have your ebook look like an ebook!
So when is an ebook not an ebook?
When it is perceived by the visitors to your eBay Sales Page as something else.
For example, if you bundled together your ebook with a printed version of the book, and or an Audio CD or Video DVD, your product would have a much higher perceived value.
* You create a printed version of your ebook contained in a nicely printed folder.
* You take a digital photograph of the cover of your printed version, surrounded by the audio CD and or Video DVD and use this as your Gallery Picture when you start to create your purchase It Now, eBay auction page.
* You use the same picture or pictures throughout your eBay Auction sales page.
People are used to seeing software generated ebook covers on eBay but by using the above method your product will not be perceived as an ebook.
* In your sales page include the information that the entire package can be digitally downloaded by the customer if they wish.
Do this and you will be one of the very few sellers on eBay using this technique and take my word for it, this technique is very powerful indeed.
Now this might sound like a lot of work or seem over complicated, yet when you come to think of it, most PCs and Laptops come complete with hardware and software for creating Audio CDs and DVDs? and if you don't have this kind of equipment you can get it on eBay relatively cheaply.
SO HOW DO YOU DO IT?
With this technology it is fairly simple to create Audio CDs and Video DVDs.
* You could record or have somebody else record your ebook onto Audio CD or DVD and provide it as an audio product within your product bundle. Many people find it easier to learn by "listening" than by reading.
* If the subject matter of your book included information on how to use a particular type of software for example, you could use a video capture program such as "Camtasia" (http://www.techsmith.com) to capture the sequence of steps that would need to be gone through in order to use the software effectively.
* If your ebook covered a practical subject like gardening for instance you could use a Camcorder to take actual "videos" of the various aspects of gardening, copy them to DVD and make it part of your "bundle". Many people find it easier to learn by "seeing" than by reading or listening.
Remember that your product bundle can be downloaded by your customer (assuming you have set your product up this way) but don't be afraid to provide them with the printed version of your book along with the Audio and Video DVDs if that's what they prefer.
Your ebook presented in this way will represent a much higher value than the traditional way of selling ebooks on eBay and therefore you can ask a much higher price than you would otherwise.
If all this sounds a little daunting to you I suggest that you carry out some research into what you've read here.More information on how to create Books and Videos to sell on eBay can be found at the end of this article.
SO, CAN YOU REALLY SELL EBOOKS ON EBAY AND MAKE COLD HARD CASH?
Sure you can.
By following the methods described here, selling ebooks on eBay really can pay off Big Time and you wont have broken any of eBay's rules.
For more information on how to create Books and Videos to sell on eBay visit:-http://www.ebay-articles.com/Sell-Books-and-Videos-On-eBay.html
Ian D Major is the creator of http://www.eBay-Articles.com, the one stop resource for information, reports and articles that will help you use eBay to your best financial advantage.
eBay-Articles are freely available. To subscribe and get Articles, Reports and Bonuses delivered to your inbox weekly, just visit: http://www.ebay-articles.com
CopyRight 2005 Ian D.Major
This RSS feed URL is deprecated, please update. New URLs can be found in the footers at https://news.google.com/news
How A University IT Guy Looks To Outmaneuver Verizon and AT&T In Upcoming Spectrum Auctions - Fortune
Hearts & Science Calls To Replace First-Price Auction With Reformed Second-Price Model - AdExchanger
Mark Stephenson Joins Heritage Auctions' Beverly Hills Office as Coins Consignment Director - CoinWeek
Why Ebay Is The Best Place To Make Your First $1000 Online
I'd like to begin with a question - and I'll bet the answer is going to surprise you (it sure did surprise me!).Q.
From Ebay Zero To Power-Selling Hero: What It Takes
Have you ever wondered what it takes to be "the best of the best"; to outcompete everyone who tries to dowhat you are doing--and to keep them guessing exactlywhat it is that makes you so much better?If you've ever owned a commercial website before, youknow who these people are: they're the ones who sell the same product as you, but make $200,000 each year doing it. They have top rankings on search engines, flocks of loyal visitors, and a mailing list with500,000 subscribers.
What To Do After Your eBay Auction Closes
So your auction closes. Now what?Hopefully you made a sale or several sales.
Joint Venture For eBay Success Too!
Whether you're succeeding in your online auction attempts, just getting by, or failing to make money; Joint Ventures Can, and almost certainly will, Multiply Your Income Without Spending A Single Penny!Joint Venture, or JV, is a big general term for setting up creative ways to cross promote or cross market with other people Just Like You.How do I know.
Is The eBay Fee Increase Actually Good For Business?
Fee Increase Leaves Some Sellers Angry, Others ThrilledMuch of my email from readers this month concerned the recent announcement from eBay that it will increase many seller fees on February 18, 2005. Since many business people use eBay's online store system as their primary ecommerce point of sale, it's no surprise that most of the emails I received were of the angry variety.
Is Selling On eBay Just A Hobby Or A Real Business?
Q: I made extra money selling things on eBay last year. These were items I picked up at yardsales mostly.
Increase your eBay Profits the Easy Way
Sometimes the simplest things can boost the number of visitors and bids to your auction listings and increase your eBay profits.Robert G.
Internet Auction Sites : Find Good Deals on Almost Anything
You can find good deals on almost everything you need on internet auction sites. There is almost nothing that you can't find over the internet.
How To Sell On Ebay: The Money Is In The Back-End
Many people who sell on Ebay completely neglect the follow-up process. They post an auction.
3 Unusual Formats For Auctions on EBay
eBay users are accustomed to only two "standard" formats forsales on eBay: either the 'regular' auction which involvesbidding and waiting; and the Buy It Now, which is an instantpurchase.But there are three other formats that are less well known.
2 Step Secret Reveals How You Can Find Wholesale Suppliers
Have you spent hours on the internet searching for a viable wholesale source? I did. I spent money on self-professed in-depth Wholesale Supplier directories and membership sites.
Online Auction Fraud
eBay sales may have grown 51% last year over the previous year, but general online complaints jumped by 66.6% over the previous year to some 207,000+ complaints in 2004.
7 Simple Steps To Profit Without Your Own Product
Most people do not succeed on the internet because they are selling products no one desperately wants.If you want to be truly successful sell only things that people really really really want to buy!Sounds simple? It is.
How to Generate Extra Cash in an Instant
With so many out of work, laid off or staying in dead end jobs to make the ends meet, we need creative ways of generating extra income. Here are a few simple, innovative ideas to get the cash you need quickly.
Auction Seller Guide To Success
When its time to clean-up around the house, some people havea hard time deciding what to keep and what to throw out.What they need is an incentive.
Low Cost, High Profit Dream Products To Sell on eBay and Amazon
Finding quality products to sell is the key to continuing success. Keeping a pipeline of low cost, fast moving items to sell is also a must.
Start Selling On eBay - Getting Started On The Right Foot
You've started your own eBay business and, even though it's part time right now, you know it's going to become a huge success. You are able to see the day when you can set your own hours, set your own dress code and call your own shots.
The Secret Of The Ebay Money Machine And How To Get Your Share
If you have all the money you need, then this information wont be of much use to you!If however, like most of us, there are times when you could do with a little more, read on.At times we all come across circumstances where we could do with some extra income, be it that extra special present we need to buy, that unexpected bill that needs paying or just to make ends meet.
The Drop Shipping Business
You have suddenly found the perfect business and you are all geared up to make lots of money. You have see the ads about Drop shipping and it sounds great.
Shipping Supplies For Your eBay Auction Business
Auction supplies are clearly an expense and major consideration for an eBay auction business. Of course, the most critical supply is the item you are selling, but mailing supplies are necessary for every auction and their cost and supply must be figured into your overhead.
|home | site map|