|Net Auctions and Auction Information|
How To Increase eBay Profits
Some sell on eBay to clean out their garage or attic.Some sell to make a little extra money here and there. Butfor some, eBay represents a chance to create a secondincome or start a home business. Product choice isimportant. But to really increase profit you must know how toincrease the number and amount of bids per item. An eBayseller must maximize each product's profit margin. Thisarticle describes techniques to make as much profit aspossible.
1. Sell like products at the same time. Bidders look tosee what else you have for sale they might be interestedin. Combined shipping saves postage for the buyer. Packingin the same box saves time and packing costs for the seller.
2. Bundle a less desirable item with a more desirable item increases sales. This is an old offline auction technique.If the bidder wants the better item he has to buy both. Iftwo sellers offer the same item, the buyer bids on the twoitem auction. Bundling two low cost items together alsoincreases bids. A buyer may not be willing to pay shippingfor one item, but would for two.
3. Remember seasonal issues. Don't sell snow skis in July,water skis in January. Be sure to offer seasonal itemsearly enough to allow for shipping. Don't expect to sellmany Christmas items that must be shipped during the secondweek of December.
4. Understand profit margins. Don't buy to resell foronly a $5 profit when you can make $20 on a different item.Determine your desired monthly income and choose productsappropriately. Want to make 1000 a month? That is $250 aweek. That's ten successful actions at $25.00 profit, orfive items at $200 a month, or ten items at $100 each. Alsopacking 10 items takes less time than packing 20 items.Always consider time as a cost.
5. Don't forget back end sales and secondary products.Offer similar products during the payment process or onyour auction store/web site. If you sell underground fencesfor dogs, an up-sell item is a customized collar. Asecondary product could be a pet door. Another secondaryproduct could be a ebook on "Travel Safely With Your Pet".A back-end sale to the ebook could be a item that helpsyour family travel safely with your pet.
6. The List - For many successful online sellers themailing list is where their money is made. Using aautoresponder, sellers automatically email customers ontheir list at regular intervals. Including content withannouncements of upcoming sales increases back end sales.Once a customer buys, they are more likely to buy againfrom same person or company.
7. Customer demographics should be considered. Collectorshave expectations non-collectors don't. Example, some bookbuyers that are allergic like to see "book from non-smokinghome" in ad. This would earn you a higher bid. What doesthe customer expect to see in a description?
8. Auction terms and conditions should be included witheach auction. What shipping options are available? Do youtake questions? Do you ship only certain days? What kind ofpayments do you take? Type whatever standard terms youoffer in a word processor and cut and paste into yourauctions. This saves time. For some sellers, typing thecontent for each auction is one of the most time consumingtasks.
Profit involves keeping costs reasonably low and creatinghigher bids. We've described some techniques for increasingprofit. Sit down and mentally run through the process of auctionselling and come up with some of your own ideas.EBay is a great business opportunity but like any business, sellers must be wise in their product choice and sales techniques.
Author info: L. C. Peterson is a writer and web marketingconsultant. Her sites include http://www.new2auctions.com, http://www.LCPeterson.com, and http://www.publishingebooks.com. For more information on online marketing, content and ebook creation and online auctions take a look.
This RSS feed URL is deprecated, please update. New URLs can be found in the footers at https://news.google.com/news
Morphy Auctions' March, 2018 Sports Memorabilia Sale to Feature an Astonishing Collection of Items Belonging to ... - Benzinga
The Top Sellers On eBay & What We Can Learn From Them
A fascinating eBay case study is the number one seller on eBay, a little outfit called Marie's CDs, but is better known under its old name "1 Cent CD." Jay and Marie, current ID "jayandmarie", are an institution on eBay and are a big part of what makes eBay such an amazingly popular phenomenon.
Instructions on How to Put Picture on Ebay
Like many folks, you have heard of online auctions. Heck, even non-computer users have heard of Ebay.
Easy Money on Ebay?
Ebay was only two years old when I discovered it.A friend I worked with was also starting to sell on Ebay at about the same time, and we exchanged ideas and experiences constantly.
7 Steps to Easier EBay Shipping
If you're like me, you probably hate packing and shipping the things you sell on eBay.Don't get me wrong, I love selling on eBay.
A WIN-WIN Scenario On eBay For Buyer/Sellers: Tips For Hunting Want It Now Postings
"Ask And You Shall Receive" Policy Works!You're one-of-a-kind baby clothes sat for the last month oneBay with no buyer. Why? Perhaps your item is sospecialized that buyers have a hard time finding you.
Internet auctions are relatively new having been around since the mid 1990's. There are several Internet auctions including Yahoo Auctions and UBid.
How to Sell on eBay Internationally without Risk
eBay allows you the opportunity to sell all over the world. It is exciting to communicate with a customer from England, Australia or Japan via email.
Ebay Auction Selling Secrets - Using Ebay to Launch Your Very Own Highly Successful Website
Launching your very own successful website is the dream of many people worldwide because it is a new way to make money and be employed by oneself with little overhead. So, once you have your website you will need traffic to make it successful.
How To Make Money Online : Sell On eBay
Selling on eBay can be very profitable, and is a great way to make some extra cash, or even turn it into a full-time business.If you're retired, or a stay at home Mom or Dad, or are in the market for a part time job you simply have to consider becoming a seller on eBay.
Louis Vuitton -- Avoiding the Ebay Nightmare Fakes
Without a doubt, eBay was one of the cleverest on-line ideas that anyone has had so far. The idea of creating a site where you can bid on and buy items ranging from an eggcup through to a disused Boeing 747 or a Nuclear Missile Silo was pure genius.
Start Your Own Business: Sell Things on eBay
The popularity of online auction site eBay has beenlegendary. With millions of transactions completed daily,it is no surprise why many individuals who do not usuallyshop online regularly purchase items through eBay.
eBay - The Basics
I began selling on eBay in 1999 and have found it to be an enjoyable and profitable experience. I had owned a retail computer store for a few years and decided to close it.
When It Comes To eBay, Don't Follow The Herd
Q: I want to start an online business. Since I don't know anything about ecommerce and building websites and such, I'm thinking about starting out selling products on eBay, then pay someone to build a website for me once the money starts coming in.
How To Profit Using eBays Saved Search Feature
Did you know that eBay will help you locate products you can buy cheap, then flip for a quick profit? No? Then listen up, because I am about to let you in on a little known feature of eBay that can literally stuff wads of cash in your wallet in less than 24 hours.This is an eBay tool that I use every day to locate products that I can buy and resell or buy cheap and keep for myself and my family.
Why Its a BAD Idea To Promote Hot Selling Products on eBay
Do a quick search on Google, Yahoo, or your favorite auction resource site, and you'll quickly discover there are several software programs targeted to vendors who want to promote hot selling products on eBay.The infatuation with hot selling products exists because sellers believe if you target items that have a robust sales pattern, you'll have a better chance at profiting on eBay.
Why 95% of All eBay Sellers Fail
eBay is now the 8th most visited site on the internet and it has just one purpose - sales. With 40 million visitors per month most eBay sellers are missing a golden opportunity.
Free Auction Templates: How to Set Your Border Color With FOAM
If you have not heard of Foamtemplates.com yet, home of the "Free Online Auction Maker", now is a good time to get your feet wet.
Dont Be A Victim Of Online Auction Fraud
The Internet Fraud Complaint Center (IFCC) reported that last year 7.7 million dollars was lost through online auction scams.
Real Estate Auction Action - Buying A Home At Auction
Due in part to the popularity of the U. S.
Can You Really Make Money Selling New Release CDs & DVDs On eBay?
Being an active eBayer, I am often being asked about products to sell. A common question is "Where can I purchase products such as new release CD's DVD's and Video Games for Playstation and X box at a 75% to 100% discount.
|home | site map|